Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Suffer the poor, said Jesus

"You know what I want for dinner?" asked Jesus.  "If anybody's asking:  lamb chops!"

Or maybe it was "suffering is for the poor."

I came across this just now, which made me think of this:

“I’m concerned about the fact there seems to be a war on the poor,” he said, sitting at the head of a burnished table as members of his cabinet lingered after a meeting. “That if you’re poor, somehow you’re shiftless and lazy.”

“You know what?” he said. “The very people who complain ought to ask their grandparents if they worked at the W.P.A.”
Make of it what you will.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, but that was then. Now it's the shiftless lazy people who take my taxes to buy their t-bones and booze. If Obummer would pass a WPA, they'd never go for it. My grandpappy would never accept charity. Etc. Etc.

    ReplyDelete