Saturday, July 30, 2016

100 some odd (very odd!) days to go....


I don't know; but when you start piling them up, while Donald Trump may not lose his hard-core supporters with this stuff, he's not winning any new ones.

And people really start paying attention after the conventions; so much of this is not only new to we obsessives....

This one is for the ladies:

Khizr Khan made headlines when he delivered one of the most memorable speeches at the Democratic Convention this year. In his speech, Khan called out Trump for his rhetoric against Muslims, and offered to let him borrow his copy of the Constitution.

When asked about Khan's speech, Trump's focus was not on Khan's words, but on his wife, Ghazala, who stood at his side while he made the remarks.

“I’d like to hear his wife say something,” he told The New York Times.

Many took to Twitter to voice their outrage at Trump's dismissal of Khan's speech. Some pointed out that in the same interview, he made the same note about Jane Sanders, wife of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT).

"I think (Sanders) wanted to go home and go to sleep," Trump told The Times. "I’d like to hear his wife say something. He could have left one of the great legacies, but he made a deal and now he has buyer’s remorse.”
This one is for families with members in military service:

In an interview with George Stephanopoulos, Trump pushed back at Khizr Khan by saying that he has sacrificed a lot by employing a lot of people and questioned whether Khan's words during his Democratic Convention speech were his own.

“Who wrote that? Did Hillary's script writers write it?” Trump said to ABC. “I think I've made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard.”

"I've created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures," he added. "I've had tremendous success. I think I've done a lot.”
And this one is for all the NFL fans who know what really matters:


And a bonus (found while looking down Trump's Twitter feed from the above), tell me again that Wikileaks is not opposed to the candidacy of Hillary Clinton:


Yeah, Trump's gonna run away with this.*

*Two days after that tweet, 538.com has Clinton up by 1 point in the "now cast," and up by 20 points in the "polls plus" forecast, which is where she has consistently been since before the GOP convention.

UPDATE:

I'm just going to continue this on out, because Trump is a toad:

In an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos that was published Saturday, Trump said he had sacrificed a lot in his life.

“I think I’ve made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard. I’ve created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures. I’ve done― I’ve had― I’ve had tremendous success. I think I’ve done a lot.”

“Those are sacrifices?” Stephanopoulos interjected.

“Oh sure, I think they’re sacrifices,” Trump said, going on to tout his work to help build the Vietnam War memorial in Manhattan and raising money for veterans’ charities. 
In response:

Ghazala Khan said: "Sacrifice -- I don't think he knows the meaning of sacrifice, the meaning of the word. Because when I was standing there, all America felt my pain. Without saying a single word. Everybody felt that pain." 
Everybody except the toad.

4 comments:

  1. The picture is worth a thousand words. Did you find it on Twitter? I'm beginning to regret I can't see the 140 word conversations on the site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I got that from comments at TPM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. There are so many comments on some posts TPM that I don't read them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny thing, too: Trump said over the weekend that the "gloves" were coming off.

    This morning NPR is talking about how Trump gets all the attention; but getting them to spell his name right isn't exactly the attention he thinks it is. NPR is talking about Trump's fight with Khan.

    They aren't talking about whatever fight Trump wants to have with Clinton. In fact, the news about Clinton is her campaign in "Trump Country."

    Not all publicity is good publicity.

    ReplyDelete